Introducing the all-new iOS app for Hiveage
From the very beginning of Hiveage, we wanted our online invoicing service to be accessible on any web-enabled device. We took the first step by making Hiveage responsive and functional on all screen sizes. The feedback we received from our users was impressive: they simply loved how we made Hiveage’s entire gamut of features available at their fingertips, offering a smoother mobile user experience in managing your finances.
After effectively making Hiveage fully responsive, we decided to take the next major step in our mobile journey: mobile apps for Hiveage. In January, we stepped into the realm of mobile app development by starting preliminary work of design and development of our iOS app. The first version was released in June. It only displayed user’s invoices, bills, and estimates. That was our start!
After releasing the first version, we slowly but gradually developed our app by adding Hiveage’s core features. Today, we are excited to tell you that Hiveage iOS app, now a major piece in our product offering has come a long way to become a robust mobile application. Available now on the App Store for download, the elegantly-designed iOS app is truly the next step of bringing Hiveage’s versatility to wherever you are, whenever you want.
Some of the key features available with our latest release (1.4.1) are:
- Invoices: Hiveage users can now create and send unlimited invoices to unlimited clients on-the-go! The app also lets you set payment methods, reminders, receipts etc. for your invoices, through Invoice Settings.
- Estimates: You can now prepare quotations for your client with ease using the iOS app.
- Bills: Keep track of your incoming invoices while you are on the move.
- Dashboard: The basic dashboard will show a summary of received and outstanding payments. If you are using multiple currencies to invoice your clients, they will be shown in different tabs.
- Settings: View your Hiveage account information and manage taxes, discounts and shipping charges. This is accessible via the dashboard.
- Taxes, Discounts, and Shipping Charges: Save and manage all your taxes, discounts and, shipping charge entries.
- Manage Saved Categories: Your saved line items, expense categories, tasks, trips, and tags are now editable from inside the app. You can view them under Settings.
- Network: Create and edit connections in your network.
In the coming months, you will see us releasing new additions, enabling powerful Hiveage features like time tracking, multiple businesses, and support of online payment gateways. We will be making continuous efforts to improve the app throughout the year, based on the feedback we get from our users.
During the design and development process of the Hiveage iOS app, we focused on making our app intuitive, fast and reliable. Here is an inside look at how the design for the app came to be, and the many engineering decisions taken during the app development process.
And as always, if you need any help, don’t hesitate to let us know.