Security Updates for Hiveage
At Hiveage, one of our main priorities is to ensure the security of our users’ accounts. More than 50,000 small businesses and freelancers, from 140 countries all over the world rely on Hiveage for their invoicing and billing: ensuring the security of their data is of paramount importance for us.
Being a popular service hosting financial data, has its risks. Over the past few years, we have monitored and mitigated several malicious attacks targeted towards Hiveage. Unauthorized attempts to access Hiveage accounts have been thwarted successfully at several instances. Security is a focal point in all our workflows and it is not something we take light-heartedly at Hiveage.
In order to strengthen our users’ accounts further, we are announcing a major security upgrade today for Hiveage. This includes a set of new security features grouped in the Global Profile, to streamline our user profile management process with extra layers of fortification.
Effective Authentication with the Access Tab
This nifty tab lets users change their email address, password, API Key and also provides account recovery options to retrieve information back if a user forgets his or her password.
- Email: Update your existing email address with a different email address.
- Password: Change and update your password anytime you want.
- API Key: Your API Key provides a simple mechanism to authenticate integrations and your custom-made apps.
- Account Recovery Options: Our newly-introduced feature allows you to recover your account back to normal in case you forget your password. Only two questions to answer from a pool of questions provided by Hiveage. We even let you create your own question to make your life easier.
Keep Track of Your Activities with the Logs Tab
Users can now keep track of their login details using the Logs Tab. This also provides information of devices used to access your account as well as browser information (Date, Time, IP address, Browser, Browser version, Platform). If a user feels suspicious of an activity, he or she can now easily go to the Logs tab and investigate who accessed their account.
Upcoming Security Features for Hiveage
In order to make our billing and invoice platform more reliable and effective, we are in the process of enabling both Two-factor Authentication (2FA) and Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard for Hiveage, really soon.
- Two-factor Authentication: Enabling this optional feature means that you are adding a second layer of protection for your account. Whenever you sign into your Hiveage account, you will need to enter both your password and a verification code generated on your mobile device.
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard: This is a widely accepted set of policies and procedures intended to optimize the security of credit, debit and cash card transactions and protect cardholders against misuse of their personal information. Maintaining PCI compliance help ensure healthy and trustworthy payment card transactions for users who use their cards every day to deal with Hiveage. This also includes continual identification of threats and vulnerabilities that could potentially impact Hiveage as well.
If you have any questions or need more clarifications on these changes, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.