Accepting payments via Coinbase
Setting up Coinbase for Hiveage will only take a few minutes. To do so, you have to log in to both your Coinbase and Hiveage accounts.
In your Coinbase account:
- Go to Settings > API Access
- If you don’t have an API key already, create one and enable it
- Click on the API key, and copy your API Key and API Secret
- Click Edit on the newly created API key, and under Permissions tick the check-box called buttons (this allows you to create payment buttons)
Please make sure you have also filled your merchant profile, from Merchants > Profile. This information is shown to users on your order pages and used for verification.
In your Hiveage account:
- Go to the Upgrade page.
- Click the Coinbase module.
- Enter your API Key and API Secret.
- If you would like this to be your default payment gateway, tick Enable this gateway for all outgoing non-recurring invoices by default.
- Click Save and Enable.
If you enable Coinbase by default, it will appear as a payment method on all invoices you send from Hiveage. Alternatively, you can leave it unchecked, and enable Coinbase for individual invoices from each invoice’s Invoice Settings section.