Setting up Square for Hiveage will only take a few minutes, but requires you to login to both your Square and your Hiveage accounts.
In your Square account:
1. Go to squareup.com/developers and click on Go To Developer’s Portal.
2. Click on New Application. You will be prompted to accept Square API’s Terms of Service.
3. Create a name for your application. It is best to give it the same name as your business.
4. You will then be taken to a page that generates your Application ID and Personal Access Token. Never share your Personal Access Token with anyone.
In your Hiveage account:
1. Go to the Upgrade section, and click on the Square module
2. Enter your Application ID and Access Token
3. Click on the Load Locations List link, and then choose a location when the drop down is enabled.
4. If you would like Square to be your default payment gateway, tick Enable this gateway for all outgoing non-recurring invoices by default.
Click Save and Enable.
If you enable Square by default, it will appear as a payment method on all invoices you send from Hiveage. Alternatively, you can leave it unchecked, and enable Square for individual invoices from each invoice’s Invoice Settings section.